Method of Determinining Radii and Enthalpies of The Formation of Poliatomic Ions
Based on the Born-Haber cycle, a method is proposed for determining the thermochemical radii and enthalpies of the formation of polyatomic ions. In order to be able to compare the values of the enthalpies of the formation of ions and salts, a method is proposed for normalizing these values by relating them not to one mole of a substance, but to an averaged gram atom. The method is approved on vanadium oxide compounds. The values of 22 radii and enthalpies of the formation of polyatomic ions containing vanadium, the energies of the crystal lattices and the enthalpies of formation of 81 vanadate are calculated. The obtained values are compared with the experimental data.
2. Fotiev A.A., Golovkin B.G. / Determination of the heats of formation of alkali metal vanadates by comparative calculation methods // In the collection “Research of compounds of rare elements”. Proceedings of the Institute of Chemistry UFAN USSR. Sverdlovsk. 1970. Vol. 20. P. 3 - 7.
3. Golovkin B.G. / Estimation of the heat of formation of vanadates by the method of the Born-Haber cycle // Journal of physical chemistry. 1993. T. 67. № 3. P. 421 - 424.
4. Kapustinsky A.F. / Journal of General Chemistry. 1943. T. 13. No. 7 - 8. P. 497.
5. Gurvich L.V., Karachevtsev G.V., Kondratiev V.N. et al. / Energies of breaking chemical bonds. Ionization Potentials and Electron Affinity // Ed. "The science". M., 1974. 352 P.
6. Thermodynamic properties of individual substances. / Reference book in four volumes. Executive editor Glushko V.P. Ed. "The science". M., 1978 – 1982.
7. Schwarz H.S. / Z. anorg. allg. Chem. 1963. B. 323. S.44.
8. Evans H.T. / Z. Kristallographie. 1960. B. 114. № 3 – 4. S. 257.
9. Koehler M.F. / Bureau of Mines. Report jf Ind. 1960. S. 5700.
10. King E.G., Koehler M.F., Adami L.H. / Heats and free energies formation calcium and magnesium vanadates. Washington. U.S. Dept. of the Interior. Bureau of Mines. 1962.
11. Perelman V.N. / A quick reference chemist. M. Goskhimizdat. 1963.
12. Fotiev A.A., Slobodin B.V., Hodos M.Ya. / Vanadaty. Composition, synthesis, structure, properties. Ed. "The science". M. 1988. 272 P.
13. Goronovsky I.T., Nazarenko Yu.P., Nekrich E.F. / A brief guide to chemistry. Ed. "Naukova Dumka". Kiev. 1974. 992 P.
Copyright (c) 2019 Boris Georgievich Golovkin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright of their manuscripts, and all Open Access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
To Chemistry Journal allow the author(s) to retain publishing rights without restrictions.