Activation Parameter and Solvent Effect on Solvolysis of Ethyl Benzoate in Aquo-Organic Solvent System.
Keywords:Enthalpy of Activation, Entropy of activation, Free energy of activation, Solvent effect, Iso-kinetic temperature, Solvent-solute interactio, Specific and non specific salvation
The rate of hydrolysis of hydrolysis of ethyl benzoate were measured volumetric over the temperature range of 200c to 400c.in water-methanol mixture at different composition. The different solvation in initial and transition state is due to decrease in rate with varying the composition of mixture. The influence of solvent on reaction rate was examined in term of activation parameter. The increase in values of DG* and simultaneous depletion in values of DH* and DS* with solvent composition reveals that the reaction is Enthalpy domination and Entropy controlled. The value of iso-kinetic temperature is less than 300 shows the weak interaction between solvent and solute.
2. Magda F. Fathalla, Kinetics of reaction of 2-chloro-quinosalin with hydroxide ion in CAN-H2O and DMSO- H2O binary solvent mixture j. Solution Chem., 40, 1258-70, 2011
3. Singh A K., “Solvent Effect on the Enthalpy and Entropy of Activation for the Hydrolysis of Ethyl Cinnamate in Mixed Solvent System”. International Journal of Engineering and Applied Computer Science (IJEACS) Volume: 02, Issue: 02, February 2017
4. Hughes E.D. and Ingold C.K, ” Mechanism of substitution at saturated carbon atom part IV, A discussion of constitution and solvent effect on mechanism, kinetics, velocity, and orientation of substitution”. j chem. Soc 1935, 244- 255
5. Singh A K.,The Influence of Solvent on the Solvolysis of EthylCinnamate in Water Acetone Mixed Solvent System.” International Journal of Engineering and Applied Computer Science (IJEACS) Volume: 02, Issue: 02, February 2017
6. Wynne-Jones W. F. K,and Eyring, H,: “ The Absolute Rate of Reaction in condense Phase”. J. chem... phys. 3, 492-502, 1935.
7. Saville B.J. and Hudson, R.E.: J. chem. soc. 4114, 1955
8. Tommila. E., “ Influnce of solvent on reaction velocity.” Acta. Chem. Scand 9 (1955) pp957-988
9. Elsemogy, M.M., Abu Elamayem, M.S., and Mussa, M.N.H.,: Z. Physik chem (Neuetold) 94, 69, 1975
10. Cleave, N J ., Soumen Kemi., 45B 285 1935
11. Singh A K “Solvent Effect on the Enthalpy and Entropy of Activation for the Hydrolysis of Ethyl Cinnamate in Mixed Solvent System.” Volume: 02, Issue: 04, April 2017. PP 123-126.
12. Barclay L. and Butler, J.A.V. “The Entropy of solution.”J. Am. chem. soc. 34, 1445, 1938
13. .Lefler J.E. “Entropy relationship and implication for organic chemistry.”J. org. chem., 20, 1201, 1955
14. Singh A K., “Solvolysis Rate and Activation Parameter of Ethyl Acetate in mixed Dipolar Organic Solvent Systems– A Solvent Effect.” International Journal for Research in Applied Science & EngineeringTechnology X, October 2016 (IJRASET) Volume 4 Issue 16 PP704-710