Influence of Particle Size on the Anticonvulsant Activity of Propoxazepam
Keywords:Propoxazepam, Particle Sizes, Molecular Structure, Anticonvulsant Activity
The granulometric composition of new analgesic substance (7-bromo-5-(o-chlorophenyl)-3-propoxy-1,2-dihydro-3H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one) was characterized by methods of crystals microscopy and lazer diffraction,. The single polymorphic phase demonstrated by differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray diffraction analysis, Raman and IR-spectroscopy. On the base of the anticonvulsive effect on mice in compare to coarse сcrystalline sample the conclusion about the higher pharmacological effect for the disperse sample had been demonstrated.
2. Nokhodchi A. The effect of type and concentration of vehicles on the dissolution rate of a poorly soluble drug from liquisolid compacts. J. Pharm. Pharmauceut. Sci. 2005; 8(1):18–25.
3. Golovenko N. Ya., Voloshchuk N. I., Andronati S. A., Taran I. V., Reder A. S., Pashynska O. S., Larionov V. B. Antinociception induced by a novel benzodiazepine receptor agonist and bradykinin receptor antagonist in rodent acute and chronic pain models. EJBPS, 2018, V. 5, Issue 12: 79-88.
4. Golovenko N. Ya., Larionov V. B., Reder A. S., Valivodz I. P. An effector analysis of the interaction of propoxazepam with antagonists of GABA and glycine receptors. Neurochemical Journal, 2017, Vol. 11, No. 4: 302–30.
5. Pavlovskiy V.I., Semenishina K.O., Andronati S.A., Kabanova T.A., Reder A.S. The use of 3-alcoxy-1.2-dihydro-3H-1.4-benzdiazepine-2-ones as highly active analgesic agents. Patent UA. 108246
6.Soojin Kim, Bruce Lotz, Mark Lindrud, Kevin Girard, Terence Moore, Karthi Nagarajan, Mario Alvarez, Tu Lee, Faranak Nikfar, Martha Davidovich, Sushil Srivastava, and San Kiang. Control of the particle properties of a drug substance by crystallization engineering and the effect on drug product formulation. Organic Process Research & Development 2005, 9, 894-901
7. Reder A. S. Dispersed substance 7-bromo-5-(o-chlorophenyl)-3-propiloxy-1,2-dihydro-3H-1,4-nebzodiazepine-2-one (I) with at least 50 % volume fraction of particles less than 30 µm for use as anticonvulsive and analgesic drug. Patent UA 118626.
8. Novik E. S., Dorenskaia A. V., Borisova N. A., Gunar O. V. Evaluation of the size and shape of particles of pharmaceutical substances by a microscopic method. Successes of modern natural science. 2016; №11 (part 2): 249-255.
9. Shakhtshneider T. P., Boldyrev V.V. Phase transformation in sulfathiazole during mechanical activation. Drug Dev. Ind. Pharm. 1993; V. 19, № 16: 2055-2067.
10. Roitburd A. L., Safonov E. V., Syritskaya T. M., Shalimova A. V. Various kinetic-morphological types of polymorphic conversion in ammonium сyanide. Crystallography. 1977; P. 22, Issue 2.: 307-315