Hall Current Effects on MHD Convective Flow Past a Porous Plate with Thermal Radiation, Chemical Reaction and Heat Generation/Absorption
Keywords:MHD, Hall effect, Porous medium, Radiation, Chemical reaction, Heat generation/absorption
In this paper an attempt is made to study the chemical reaction and combined buoyancy effects of thermal and mass diffusion on MHD convective flow along an infinite vertical porous plate in the presence of Hall current with variable suction and heat generation. A uniform magnetic field is applied in a direction normal to the porous plate. The equations governing the fluid flow are solved using the perturbation technique and the expressions for the velocity, the temperature and the concentration distributions have been obtained. Dimensionless velocity, temperature and concentration profiles are displayed graphically for different values of the parameters entering into the problem like Prandtl number Pr, Hartmann number M, Grashof number G, modified Grash of number Gc, Hall parameter m, Heat source parameter χ, Schmidt number Sc, and Chemical reaction parameter ξ. The Skin-friction coefficient, rate of heat transfer and mass transfer at the plate have been obtained and also discussed through tables. It has been observed that an increase in the Prandtl number leads to a decrease in the primary and secondary velocities, and also a decrease in the temperature. The primary and secondary velocities decrease with increase in the Chemical reaction parameter or Magnetic field parameter.
2. Veera Krishna.M, Chamkha A.J,: Hall effects on unsteady MHD flow of second grade fluid through porous medium with ramped wall temperature and ramped surface concentration, Physics of Fluids 30, 053101 (2018), doi: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.502554
3. VeeraKrishna.M, Subba Reddy. G, Chamkha A. J: Hall effects on unsteady MHD oscillatory free convective flow of second grade fluid through porous medium between two verticals plates. PHYSICS OF FLUIDS 30, 023106 (2018)
4. Satyanarayana P.V., Venkateswarlu B., Venaktaramana S.: Effects of Hall current and radiation absorption on MHD micro-polar fluid in a rotating system, Ain Shams Engg. J., 2013, Vol.4(4). pp.843-854.
5. Masthanra S., Balamurugan K. S., Varma S. V. K., and Raju V. C. C: Chemical Reaction and Hall Effects on MHD Convective Flow along an Infinite Vertical Porous Plate with Variable Suction and Heat Absorption, Applications and Applied Mathematics an International Journal Vol. 8, Issue 1 (June 2013), pp. 268 – 288 ISSN: 1932-9466
6. Veera Sankar.B and Rama Bhupal ReddY.B, Unsteady MHD Convective flow of Rivlin-Ericksen Fluid over an Infinite Vertical Porous Plate with Absorption Effect and Variable Suction, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 14, Number 1 (2019) pp. 284-295 © Research India Publications.
7. Rama Krishna Reddy P. Raju M. C.: MHD FREE CONVECTIVE FLOW PAST A POROUS PLATE, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Volume 118, No. 5, 2018, 507-529 ISSN: 1311-8080 (printed version); ISSN: 1314-3395.
8. Suresh babu G., Siva Prasad R.: Heat transfer on MHD convective flow of heat generating/absorbing second grade fluid through porous medium in a rotating parallel plate, paripex-Indian Journal of research /vol-7/No 10,2018/ISSN-2250-1991.
9. Shyam Lal Yadav, Dileep Kumar, Ashok Kumar Singh: Magneto hydro dynamic Flow in Horizontal Concentric Cylinders, Int. J. Industrial Mathematics (ISSN 2008-5621) Vol. 11, No. 2, 2019 Article ID IJIM-001174, 10 pages.
10. Sharma, P. K., Sharma, B. K. and Chaudhary, R. C. (2008): Unsteady natural convection flow past a vertical surface in a rotating porous medium with variable permeability. Bull. Cal. Math. Soc., 100, 491-500.
11. Mahapatra N., Dash G.C., Panda S., Acharya M.: Effects of chemical reaction on free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface, Int. Eng. Phys. Thermo Phys., 2010, Vol.83(1).
12. Raju M.C., Varma S.V.K., Reddy T.S.: Unsteady MHD free convection oscillating couette flow through a porous medium with periodic wall temperature in presence of chemical reaction and thermal radiation. International Journal of Science and Advances in Technology, 2011, Vol. 1(10), pp.51-58.
13. Sharma, B. K., Chand, T. and Chaudhary, R. C. (2012): Hydromagnetic forced flow between a rotating disc and a naturally permeable stationary porous disc saturated with fluid. Journal of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, 3(1), 8-15. DOI: 10.5897/JPGE11.012
14. Sarada K., Shanker B.: The effect of chemical reaction on an unsteady MHD free convection flow past an infinite vertical porous plate with variable suction, IJMER, 2013, Vol.3(2), pp.725-735.
15. Arifuzzaman S.M., Khan M.S., Mehedi M.F.U., Rana B.M.J., Ahmmed S.F. Chemically reactive and naturally convective high speed MHD fluid flow through an oscillatory vertical porous plate with heat and radiation absorption effect, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal xxx (2018) xxx–xxx.
16. Ananda Reddy N., Chandra Reddy P., Raju M.C., Varma S.V.K: Radiation and dufour effects on laminar flow of a rotating fluid past a porous plate in conducting field, Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer (FHMT) 10 - 4 (2018).
17. Hari Krishna Y, Ramana Murthy MV, Bhikshu NL and Venkata Ramana G: Effects of Radiation and Chemical Reaction on MHD Flow Past an Oscillating Inclined Porous Plate with Variable Temperature and Mass Diffusion. International Journal of Chemical Sciences Research | Vol 15 Iss 3, 2017.
18. Khem Chand , Nidhi Thakur : Effects of Rotation, Radiation and Hall Current on MHD Flow of A Viscoelastic Fluid Past an Infinite Vertical Porous Plate through Porous Medium with Heat Absorption, Chemical Reaction and Variable Suction The Journal of the Indian Mathematical Society Volume 85, Issue 1-2, 2018.
19. Rama Krishna Reddy P. Raju M. C.: Thermal diffusion effect on MHD free convective heat absorbingfluid with variable temperature and concentration Journal of Global Research in Mathematical Archives, Volume 4, No.11, November 2017
20. Mahapatra N., Dash G. C., Panda S., and Acharya M.: Effects of chemical reaction on free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface, Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, Vol. 83, No. 1, 2010
21. Mohammed Ibrahim S., Suneetha K.: Heat source and chemical effects on MHD convection flow embedded in a porous medium with Soret, viscous and Joules dissipation, Ain Shams Engineering Journal (2016) 7, 811–818
22. Mahapatra N., Dash G.C., Panda S., Acharya M.: Effects of chemical reaction on free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface, Int. Eng. Phys. Thermo Phys., 2010, Vol.83(1).
23. Sudhakar Reddy T., Raju M.C., Varma S.V.K. : Chemical reaction and radiation effects on MHD free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface with constant heat and mass flux, JCARME, 2013, Vol.3(1), pp.53-62.
24. Kishore P.M., Vijaya Kumar, Varma S., Masthan Rao S., Bala K.S.: The effect of chemical reaction on MHD free convection flow of dissipative fluid past an exponentially accelerated vertical plate. Int. J. Computational Engineering Research, 2014, Vol 4(1).
25. Ramaiah P., Vijaya Kumar, Varma S., Ramakrishna Prasad K. and Balamurugan K.S.: Chemical reaction and radiation absorption effects on MHD convective heat and mass transfer flow of a visco-elastic fluid past an oscillating porous plate with heat generation / absorption. Int. J. Chem. Sci., 2016, Vol. 14(2). pp.570-584.
26. S. Mohammed Ibrahim and K. Suneetha, "Heat source and chemical effects on MHD convection flow embedded in a porous medium with Soret, viscous and Joules dissipation," Aim Shams Engg Journal, Vol. 7, PP. 811-818 (2016).
27. Chamkha A.J.: MHD flow of uniformly stretched vertical permeable surface in the presence of heat generation / absorption and chemical reaction, Int. Commun. Heat Mass transfer, 2003, Vol.30(3), pp.413-422.
28. Chandra Reddy P., Raju M. C., Raju G. S. S: MHD Natural Convective Heat Generation/Absorbing and Radiating Fluid Past a Vertical Plate Embedded in Porous Medium – an Exact Solution, Journal of the Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics / Vol. 12 / No. 2, 2018
29. Raju, M. C., N. A. Reddy, S. V. K. Varma., “Hall-current effects on unsteady MHD flow between stretching sheet and an oscillating porous upper parallel plate with constant suction”, Thermal science, Vol. 15, No.2, pp. 45-48, 2011.
30. Rama Mohan Reddy, L., M. C. Raju, G. S. S. Raju, Convective ramped temperature and concentration boundary layer flow of a chemically reactive heat absorbing and radiating fluid over a vertical plate in conducting field with Hall current., Innov Ener Res., Vol.5(1) (2016), pp.1-20. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/ier.1000130.
31. Reddy, T.S., M. C. Raju, S. V. K. Varma, “Hall current effects on MHD free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface”, Proceedings of the international conference on mathematics in engineering & business management, March 9-10, 188-192, 2012.
32. Reddy, P. C., M. C. Raju., and G. S. S. Raju., MHD Natural Convective Heat Generation/Absorbing and Radiating Fluid Past a Vertical Plate Embedded in Porous Medium – an Exact Solution, Journal of the Serbian Society for Computational Mechanics / Vol. 12 / No. 2, 2018 / pp 106-127. (DOI: 10.24874/jsscm.2018.12.02.08)
33. Reddy, S.H., M. C Raju, P. Chandra Reddy, Joule Heating and Radiation Absorption Effects on MHD Convective and Chemically Reactive Flow past a Porous Plate, Bulletin of Pure & Applied Sciences-Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 117-136, 2018.
34. Ramamohan Reddy, L., M. C. Raju, G. S. S. Raju and P. C. Reddy., Thermal diffusion and Joule heating effects on MHD free convective heat absorbing/generating viscous dissipative Newtonian fluid with variable temperature and concentration, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics Research, 45(6):553–567 (2018).
35. Raju, K. V. S., A. Parandhama, M.C. Raju, K. Ramesh Babu, Unsteady MHD free convection Jeffery fluid flow of radiating and reacting past a vertical porous plate in slip-flow regime with heat source, Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer, 10 - 25 (2018). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5098/hmt.10.25.
36. Adel Rastkhiz, S.E., Mobini Dehkordi, A., Yadollahi Farsi, J. and Azar, A. 2019. A new approach to evaluating entrepreneurial opportunities. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development 26 (1), 67-84.
37. Al-Omari, A.I., and Zamanzade, E. 2016. Di_erent goodness of tests for Rayleigh distribution in ranked set sampling. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research 12 (1), 25-39.
38. Zamanzade, E., 2014. Testing uniformity based on new entropy estimators, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 85(16), 3191-3205.
39. Mahdizadeh, M., and Zamanzade, E. 2017. New goodness of tests for Cauchy distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics, 44 (6), 1106-1121.
40. Zamanzade, E., Arghami, N.R., 2012. Testing normality based on new entropy estimators, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 82(11), 1701-1713.
41. Zamanzade, E., Arghami, N.R., 2011. Goodness-of-_t test based on correcting moments of modi_ed entropy estimator, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 81(12), 2077-2093.